Professional Psychologists and Counsellors to Individuals, Couples and Families
- It is subpoenaed by a court;
- Failure to disclose certain information would place the client or another person’s life in imminent danger; Your prior approval has been obtained to provide reports for a third party;
- It is necessary to provide details to enforce the legal rights of Bayside Counselling and Consultation Services or; A mandatory notification is required by law (suspected child abuse, Nurses at risk, or of possible firearms risk).
- Please note that clients have the right to remain totally anonymous by NOT providing their name or contact details.
- Anonymity will be respected and no identifying details will be recorded, but please be aware that this excludes the use of some payment options and may cause minor administrative difficulties.
- Confidentiality is controlled according to strict guidelines set down by the Australian Psychological Society (APS), the
- Australian Counselling Association (ACA) and the Psychologists Board of Australia (PsyBA). This is also provided in accordance with State Legislation.
For further information regarding confidentiality, ethical guidelines for psychologists and the procedures for making a complaint, please use the following links which will connect you to the Australian Psychological Society, the Australian Counselling Association and the Psychologists Board of Australia.