Your Psychologists and Counsellors in South-East Suburbs.
Welcome Bayside Counselling
Coffee Cup Chat
Our team of Psychologists uses a number of Evidence-based Therapies including:
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Relaxation and Mindfulness Techniques
- Interpersonal Therapy (IPT)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Skills training
We believe therapy is an art as much as it is a science. We don’t do “formula” therapy. We focus fully on you to tailor a treatment plan to suit your unique personal style, problems and needs.
Bayside Counselling and Consultation provides psychological support to private and government organisations in the form of Employment Assistance Programs.
Our team includes Psychologists experienced in the provision of work-based mediation, critical incident debriefing, trauma focused therapy, the effects of substance abuse in the workplace, anger management and increasing work attendance and satisfaction. Private counselling is also available in our three practice locations.
How much does it cost per session?
We charge different rates depending on your circumstances and conditions. Please call us on (03)9781 0155 for further information.
What is Counselling?
The practitioners at Bayside Counselling and Consultation Pty Ltd understand that it can be difficult for many people to seek professional help.
This may be due to:
- fear of being judged
- fear that family and friends will find out about the problem
- expectations that some things should never be discussed
- embarrassment about the problem
- concern that seeing a practitioner will draw unwanted attention to the problem or make it worse
- feeling inferior or that they are a failure because they cannot handle the situation themselves
- fear of being punished because they spoke out about the problem
- expectations that they should accept what is happening (or has happened) and just get on with life
- lack of understanding about the role of practitioners and what counselling can do for them
It is not uncommon for people to approach us with these fears and concerns. Unfortunately for many people, this can be enough to prevent them from seeking help. The psychologists at Bayside Counselling and Consultation Pty Ltd have a sensitive and caring approach to different issues and understand that your ability to talk to a psychologist may be hindered by:
- the nature of your situation or problem
- your personal expectations of counselling
- language and cultural barriers
- a disability that prevents you from physically accessing a psychologist or communicating to others
- bad experiences of counselling in the past
- other hindrances such as family commitments and geographical locations
In special circumstances, practitioners are willing to consult with you over the phone.
How long does a counselling session go for?
A standard counselling session usually goes for 50 minutes.
Bayside Counselling and Consultation Pty Ltd consists of a team of experienced psychologists, mental health social workers and counsellors. Our practitioners are specialising in a wide variety of issues. Our services currently include Psychology, Counselling and Hypnotherapy. These services are provided within a professional, warm and welcoming setting.
Our practitioners are active listening to your issues, respecting you, and caring you and your interests to search the best for you in non-judgemental and accepting ways.
Our practitioners are making a serious commitment to provide a supportive environment for your well-being in this multicultural society, and make a positive change in your life.
I have been going to Bayside for sometime now. The people there are professional with all their clients, they also show compassion, and kindness. But most of all they “Listen to the individual” , patiently and without judgement. I would recommend them completely. I wish them all the best in the future.
The Mental Health professionals here are extremely helpful and truly care about their patients. I see Winnie and cannot recommend her highly enough!