Welcome to Bayside Counselling
Your Psychologists and Counsellors in Frankston and Bayside
We believe therapy is an art as much as it is a science. We don’t do “formula” therapy.
Bayside Counselling and Consultation provides psychological support to private and government organisations in the form of Employment Assistance Programs.
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
Employee Assistance Programs
Bayside Counselling and Consultation offers you a choice of 8 psychologists at three different locations around Bayside and Frankston. Our primary location is in Frankston, not far from the Frankston Hoyts. Our other locations are in Glen Waverley and Cranbourne.
How much does it cost per session?
We charge different rates depending on your circumstances and conditions. Please call us on (03)9781 0155 for further information.
What is Counselling?
If you talk to different people about what counselling is, it is quite possible that each person will have a different understanding of it. However, in general, Counselling aims to help you cope with personal problems. Usually a psychologist will do this by asking questions, listening to you, reflecting on what you have said and exploring the range of options that may be available to you. Please note that counselling is not about giving you the answer or taking the problem away. It is best to view counselling as a way of putting things into perspective and opening you up to options and resources that you may not have previously considered.
The practitioners at Bayside Counselling and Consultation Pty Ltd understand that it can be difficult for many people to seek professional help.
This may be due to:
- fear of being judged
- fear that family and friends will find out about the problem
- expectations that some things should never be discussed
- embarrassment about the problem
- concern that seeing a practitioner will draw unwanted attention to the problem or make it worse
- feeling inferior or that they are a failure because they cannot handle the situation themselves
- fear of being punished because they spoke out about the problem
- expectations that they should accept what is happening (or has happened) and just get on with life
- lack of understanding about the role of practitioners and what counselling can do for them
It is not uncommon for people to approach us with these fears and concerns. Unfortunately for many people, this can be enough to prevent them from seeking help. The psychologists at Bayside Counselling and Consultation Pty Ltd have a sensitive and caring approach to different issues and understand that your ability to talk to a psychologist may be hindered by:
- the nature of your situation or problem
- your personal expectations of counselling
- language and cultural barriers
- a disability that prevents you from physically accessing a psychologist or communicating to others
- bad experiences of counselling in the past
- other hindrances such as family commitments and geographical locations
In special circumstances, practitioners are willing to consult with you over the phone.
How long does a counselling session go for?
A standard counselling session usually goes for 50 minutes.
Send your enquiries by filling out the form below.
10 Keys Street, Frankston VIC 3199
100-106 High Street, Cranbourne VIC 3977
Glen Waverley Practice
424 Blackburn Road, Glen Waverley VIC 3150