Professional Psychologists and Counsellors to Individuals, Couples and Families
What we do:
Bayside Counselling and Consultation Pty Ltd offers affordable, professional psychologists and counsellors to individuals, couples and families. Our psychologists and counsellors are qualified, experienced and registered with the national professional bodies (e.g. the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) / Australian Psychological Society (APS) and Australian Counselling Association (ACA). This means that we are competent and abide by a strict Code of Ethics.
- Individual/Face to face counselling (children, adolescents and adults)
- Couple/Family/Relationship Counselling
- Employee Assistance Programs – EAP counselling
- VOCAT counselling
- Skype / Telephone counselling
- Non-directive pregnancy counselling
- Assessment and reports
- Bulk bill your session, depending on your circumstance * (for details call us)
Our counselling psychologists are registered as Medicare service providers, and are also qualified to meet Worksafe, DVA and TAC clients.
Medicare rebates are available for psychological treatment by registered psychologists under the Australian Government’s Better Access to Mental Health Care initiative. This scheme provides considerable assistance to people living with mental health problems, allowing them greater access to psychologists and providing more affordable mental health care.
Under the scheme you can only see a registered psychologist with a Medicare Provider Number who you have been referred to by your GP, psychiatrist or paediatrician.
For more information on the Medicare “Better Access to Mental Health Care initiative”, go to visit the Department of Health.
We have a psychologist for most major ethnic groups and languages including but not limited to:
- Chinese psychologist
- Cantonese psychologist
- Mandarin psychologist
- Hindi psychologist
We provide appointments across various locations. If you would like to book an appointment or discuss your situation further, please call us on 03 9781 0155.
Evidence Based Counselling
We practise evidence based counselling such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Solution-Focused Therapy.
The Better Access initiative covers people with mental disorders arising from:
- Depression and mood disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Trauma and bereavement
- Panic attack
- Substance abuse disorders
- Sleeping problems
- Illness, grief and loss
- Study and life stress and unbalance
- Workplace problems, retrenchment and retirement
- Personality disorders
- Anger management
- Adjustment disorder
- Child behaviour and parenting
- Attachment issues
- Relationship issues
- Marital issues
- Separation and divorce issues
- Family violence and neglect
- Self-esteem and confidence
- Identity issues
- School adjustment including bullying
- Non-directive pregnancy support counselling
We are NDIS Accredited
For more information about NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme ) and its coverage please visit this page.